The Coordinator of Fundraising and Community Events will manage a comprehensive fundraising program for potential donors to our scholarship, endowment, and other fundraising efforts, and serve as the coordinator for major school community events.
The Coordinator of Fundraising and Community Events reports to the Director of Advancement and Communications (DAC).
The Coordinator of Fundraising and Community Events is a full-time position. This position may require work outside of the standard 7:30am-4:30pm time frame, including some occasional evening and weekend time.
Duties and Responsibilities
- o Design, coordinate, and implement short- and long-term fundraising campaigns, in consultation with the DAC, parent association, board members, and school personnel, including, but not limited to the annual Golf Tournament and other school-community fundraising events.
- o Coordinate the development and implementation of marketing plans for school fundraising campaigns, including:
- § Negotiating with vendors, suppliers, and media agents to secure venues, sponsorship, and support for the school’s various fundraising and community events.
- § Developing, in coordination with the DAC, promotional materials in support of fundraising and community events.
- o Develop and implement cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies for various prospective CPS donors through positive communication and school representation. This includes:
- § Cultivating and managing relationships with CPS donors (e.g. individuals, corporations, foundations).
- § Maintaining complete and accurate donor records.
- § Providing donor reports and summaries as needed.
- Community Event Planning
- o Coordinate school-wide functions, including internal functions (e.g. Faculty-Staff-Board events) and community-wide functions.
- o Serve as primary school liaison with the Parent Association, including supporting the coordination of Family Day and other Parent Association events.
- o Work regularly with Parent Association and school administrative team to develop calendar of events, including parent education and community-building activities.
- o Work diplomatically and effectively with volunteer groups, board members, and parents, and with school faculty and staff.
- o Carry out other occasional duties, as assigned by the Head of School.
- Education & Experience
- o B.A. degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Business, or equivalent.
- o 2+ years experience in fundraising, marketing, and/or public relations, or equivalent.
- o Strong, proactive leadership and managerial skills.
- o Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- o Ability to prioritize and manage a wide variety of tasks in a dynamic setting.
Please submit cover letter and resume via email to Human Resource Department: email@example.com